Copyright, Trademarks, and Fair Use
Unless otherwise noted, the design and content of this website is copyright © 2015-[year] by Nelson R. Beideman Center for Responsible Fisheries, Inc. (the “Center”), a New Jersey nonprofit corporation exempted under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) as a charitable organization. The Nelson R. Beideman composite signature logo is a trademark of the Center. Unauthorized reproduction is prohibited.
You may re-use or re-distribute our original content provided that:
- such use is not for commercial purposes;
- such use falls under fair use as explained below and defined in U.S. Code Section 107; and
- you cite the Nelson R. Beideman Center for Responsible Fisheries as the source of such content and provide an active link back to the originating page on our website where possible, or an active link back to our homepage (http://nrbcrf.org) otherwise.
This website may contain content copyrighted by others, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. The Center makes such content available in an effort to advance its charitable purposes, including advancing understanding of environmental, economic, and scientific issues. Pursuant to the U.S. Copyright Act as amended, the rights granted by copyright are limited by the doctrine of fair use as codified at 17 U.S. Code Section 107, including use for criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research, all of which are germane to the fair use by the Center. The fair-use factors of Section 107 weigh substantially in favor of fair use by the Center, including:
- the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
- the nature of the copyrighted work and the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
- the effect of the use upon the potential market for, or value of, the copyrighted work.
If you wish to use the copyrighted content of others found on our website for purposes that go beyond fair use as outlined above, you must obtain permission from the original copyright owner.
The absence of accurate copyright information on any content on our website does not necessarily mean that said work is the original work of the Center, as content reproduced from other sources may be missing accurate copyright information.
Whenever possible, the Center provides attribution for content created by others on the same webpage as the content itself. In some cases, such as for aesthetic or technical reasons, this is not practicable. The Center is grateful to acknowledge the following sources of content used on our website:
Claims of Copyright
Claims of copyright, inaccurate or missing attribution, or alleged infringement must be sent by postal mail to:
Nelson R. Beideman Center for Responsible Fisheries, Inc.
Attn: Copyright Claims
PO Box 868
Lakewood, NJ 08701-0868
The Center takes all such claims seriously and will investigate any such matters immediately.